Friday, March 20, 2009

Nerf Gun Wars

Today we had a play date with a bunch of home schooler kids, no really I mean a bunch about like thirty of them ranging from 3-17 on a 3 and a half acre piece of land . On the invitation they told us to bring any Nerf guns we have so we brought a pretty good grenade launcher (a.k.a ball gun). When we got there there was all ready a battle going on so we hurried and got on our speeders (a.k.a scooters) and hurried and took sides (kids of course) and went to see what our enemy was. Now I had taught Kaden some pretty good moves like the old "duck and roll" but nothing could of prepared us for what was coming. The enemy was on a Warthog (a.k.a golf cart) charging towards us at full speed so I yelled "Code Red" and we both took off running. Bullets were flying everywhere so we both quickly took cover and found our allies who explained to us what we were facing and how to not get shot. Then they handed me a gun and told me to hide in the trees and then shoot as they went by.

The Warthog went away for a while and we planned an ambush. The enemy came back and was wondering where the heck we were, the plan was working perfectly and they started unloading troops and ammo. We caught them totally by surprise and right in the open, while our troops rushed out of the bushes, the rest of us were firing from the trees. Our troops used scary war shrieks to confuse and dismay the enemy. They quickly got on the Warthog again and took off towards the house to retreat because they knew we had won that battle. There was little time to celebrate because we had lost so many men and I knew that now the mission was to put siege upon the house.

I knew that as soon as we went in that house we were walking into a trap so instead we went around the back gate to the backyard. As we sneaked around the back we saw a terrible sight they now had a castle with turrets! They had us trapped so there was two options 1. we could go around the back and face attack from both sides or 2. go through the front and risk getting ambushed, so I sent a heavily trained spy through the front and sadly he didn't come back out.

We slowly went through the front, we could tell that the number of eyes watching us was steadily growing, yet no attack of any kind came from the enemy? As we crept up stairs we checked the East rooms for any clue of the enemy but all we found was ammo so I told my men to help themselves but then I heard foot steps in the halls and went to check and saw a note attached to the gun of the spy I had sent out earlier and it was from the enemy!

Dear Kids,

We are planning an attack on you! Come and get us with everything you've got and we will do the same thing to you.

From, You're worst enemy!

After reading this I gathered my troops and put them in the rooms we controlled and told them to stay there until the fight. I sent out my best man to try and provoke the enemy to run to us so our guys could ambush them again. But the guy went to far into enemy territory and was ambushed as bullets rained on him from every direction I ran into the other rooms and got the troops and told them "Kids of the army, the captain is dead the time has come for us to go and battle the enemy, now who's with me!". We all charged into battle and were immediately in the fight it seemed that the enemy called reinforcements from the castle. Bullets flew every where. I took cover from behind a couch and started shooting as many guys as I could.

The enemy then retreated deeper into their territory, we chased after them into a room and then stuff happened so fast that I don't know what happened. A bucket full of stuff rained from above and knocked a guy out cold! Bullets were hitting my guys like crazy. While the enemy charged from out of a closet they were also shooting us from above and behind a bed. It took a while to shoot the guys down but eventually we did it. There was very few of the enemy and we were winning it only took a few rebellions from the enemy to make it so we won. It was so awesome and it was also a true story. Luckily me and Kaden made it out okay after that war.

No comments: