A lot of stuff has happened to me and I want to put it all in one post so it won't take as long...
1. This week I finished The Work and the Glory: Pillar of Light By: Gerald Lund. It was a really good book that talks about Joseph Smith getting the Gold Plates and the Steed family and their own affairs. It talks about the McBride family and Oliver Cowdry, William Harris, and the Smith family. About how Joshua Steed moves out of the family and tries to steal the Gold Plates with the Murdock brothers. I learned a lot about the church and I can't wait to read the next one.
2. Last month I made a book club and invited a bunch of people, friends, family, neighbors and other homeschoolers. At the beginning we handed out papers that you're supposed to fill out your favorite books and any you recommend. Then we played outside for a while and waited for the others to come. When everyone was there told the our names and talked about what the name of the book club should be. I said we should name it "Lights, Camera, Jaxon!" My friend Wyatt said we should just call it "The Book Club book Worms" or "Jaxon's Book Club". But the my Dad said we should name it "The Papyrus Pirates of Words" and everyone agreed on that. We then discussed what books we should read, so we said the names of the books we liked and put them in a bowl and drew the books we would read. We decided on these books:
May: Holes by: Louis Sacher
June: Wayside Stories from Wayside School by: Louis Sacher
July: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by: J.K Rowling
August: The Hobbit by: J.R.R Tolkien
September: Summer of the Monkeys by: Wilson Rawls
October: Old Yeller by: Fred Gipson
November: Lord of the Rings #1
December: Marley and Me by John Grogan
January: Into the Wild by Eric Hunter
February: Great American Warriors
March: Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
April: Pillage by Obert Sky
3. Next weekend is the Father's and son's Outing for my ward and we have to go on the day of my green belt graduation. We're going to go camping and fishing there. The plan is that if I pass testing I can just get it the next day. When I graduate I will get my purple belt.
2 comments:
Mind if a certain grandma in ID becomes a remote member of the book club? Sounds interesting!
of course!
Post a Comment